Geotab USA, Inc. Sr HR Generalist - Las Vegas, NV/ Full Time in Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA
Sr. HR Generalist
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to: AVP of HR
Start Date: As soon as possible
Date Posted: April 12, 2018
Who is Geotab:
Imagine over a million vehicles driving across the globe 24/7. Next, imagine that you collected rich location, engine and vehicle behaviour data on each vehicle through a plug and play device. Our customers have the power to take this data and provide valuable insight toward their businesses because of the Geotab platform. Geotab is one of the leading telematics technology companies in the world and is focused on continuing our rapid expansion worldwide. For more information visit us at .
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior HR Generalist who will work closely with the Human Resources team to deliver strategic, timely and proactive management for select business groups. These functions include employee relations, human resource operations, development of policies and procedures, compliance, recruitment, and special projects as assigned. If you love technology, can work in a fast-paced environment being employer spokesperson and can juggle and organize competing priorities - we would love to hear from you.
What are the details of this position:
As a Senior HR Generalist, your key area of responsibility will be to facilitate HR related issues and processes for internal customers. You will assess and anticipate HR-related needs from the business, model how to effectively manage change within the organization, communicate internal customer needs proactively within the HR organization to develop integrated solutions, formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that are aligned with the business objectives of the organization.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, you will also have strong analytical skills, ability to manage multiple project timelines, and identify areas in Geotab's processes or documentation for improvement as we scale.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
Client area engagement:
- Regularly meet with departments to help them identify and forecast their needs staffing and training needs.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action).
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation; validate contract interpretation and communicate as appropriate.
- Work closely with management & employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
Overall HR initiative management:
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Analyze trends/metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Assist the HR team with the full cycle recruitment process. This includes creation and posting of job descriptions and coordinating job offers and background checks
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field/Masters (MBA) a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel - up to 10-15%
- Passport required
- Experience with high volume recruitment and interviewing
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple requests at one time
- Excellent verbal communication and professional writing skills
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive) is an asset
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
- Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own paddle!
- Great accommodation (height adjustable desks)
- Light breakfast served daily (cereals, bars and fresh fruit)
- Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every other Friday
- Geotab sponsored sports teams, dress up days, fun social events
- Full medical benefits & 4% company matching retirement savings plan
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!We want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume to USAcareers@geotab.com. Successful candidates will be notified via email or phone.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.