United Blood Services Sr HR Generalist in Memphis, Tennessee
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing overall experienced, professional generalist Human Resources support under the direction of a senior HR professional.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Leads the employment function including, interviewing, and the separation process. Oversees the maintenance of electronic and hard copy employee files and other HR records.
- Addresses employee relations concerns and provides input to management, as appropriate. May be assigned to investigate issues and make recommendation for resolution.
- Consults with local management and risk management in the areas of return-to-work, light-duty and corrective action issues related to on-the-job injuries.
- Leads performance management process, compensation, and benefit programs, as directed.
- Provides guidance to management and staff regarding HR guidelines and monitors compliance. Refers questions of interpretation to senior HR management.
- Monitors and advises management as to the attainment of Affirmative Action goals. Assists with compliance and audit reviews. Monitors the administration of the leave of absence and short-term disability/salary continuation/LTD programs.
- Leads programs that promote positive employee relations.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulatory postings.
- Manages the unemployment process and provides documentation to unemployment service. Refers appealed decisions to senior HR management.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of HR regulations, practices, and techniques required.
PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Five years human resources experience required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and problem solving skills.
- Able to work flexible shifts, as needed.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Organization: BSI Business Group
Primary Location: United States of America-Tennessee-Memphis
Work Locations: 4100 TN Memphis Admin Bldg (150176) Lifeblood 1040 Madison Avenue Memphis, 38104
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Posting Close Date: May 31, 2018
Job Function: Human Resources
Req ID: 18641
Employee Status: Full-time, Regular