Owens & Minor Senior Human Resources Generalist in Richmond, Virginia
Provides human resources support and guidance on company policies and procedures to leadership and teammates in one or more locations within the assigned region.May support sales, operations, or corporate functions by providing consultation and collaboration in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to effective employee relations, staffing, compensation and benefits, training, and change management.Works with HR leadership and business leaders to collaboratively communicate and implement HR policies and procedures, while helping support business strategy.Acts as an advocate for teammates, performs investigations, and escalates issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Serves as a coach to leadership in assigned facilities to ensure effective employee relations in matters of supervision, discipline, termination, motivation and performance management procedures, practices and policies.Conducts timely and thorough complaint/charge investigations and makes appropriate recommendations.Prepares case findings and recommendations for review by HR Leadership and Legal Department.
2.Leads culture and engagement in assigned facilities by ensuring effective communication plans driving employee engagement; serves as a liaison between teammates and O&M Leadership; promotes and fosters "open door" culture.
3.Acts as an impartial teammate advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
4.Reviews dashboard information and makes recommendations to management and leadership for continuous improvement including follow-up; generates, analyzes, and presents HR metrics reporting to management.
5.Drives internal employee communications plans regarding policy changes and organization announcements; can include compensation, benefits, or company policies in conjunction with corporate HR center of excellence teams.
6.Works with management to drive the performance management process, development plans, and individual performance improvement plans for teammates in the assigned facilities.
7.Partners with HR colleagues and field operations leadership team in development and execution of human resources initiatives to meet business goals.
8.Works with the HR Leadership and Legal in giving background and preparing response materials for civil and EEOC charges. Communicates, implements and administers company policies/procedures in the areas of affirmative action, benefits, and compensation, training, employment/outplacement and quality initiatives to meet the business goals.
9.Provides individual coaching/counseling to all teammates using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate.Refers teammates to the appropriate resources/services, where applicable.
10.Leverages the exit survey process and related turnover data to identify and address retention issues.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Four or more years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Or combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the organization and in the field of Human Resources
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Relies on experience and judgement to manage daily work with little direction or guidance
- Strong ability to deliver difficult or complex messages to teammates in an effective manner preserving teammate engagement
- Utilizes advisory, negotiating and influencing skills skillfully
- Demonstrated experience in delivering human resources programs to advance an organization's strategy and goals
- Demonstrated skill and confidence in proactively building relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and provide council to others
- Ability to anticipate future needs of the organization and develop recommended solutions
- Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform job functions, but works well with little direction or instruction
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
- Works independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Anticipates problems and works proactively to solve them through creative thinking and collaboration
- Ability to travel up to 30% if supporting multiple distribution centers
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion